available Places to Stay in
Friars Guide Recommendations
All of the accommodation venues on this site are selected from the premier guidebook:
Friars Guide to New Zealand Accommodation for the Discerning Traveller
This book makes an ideal gift for anyone planning a holiday in New Zealand and features:
- Large format, professional colour photography of interiors, exteriors and location.
- Comprehensive information on facilities, activitities, tariffs (in New Zealand dollars) as well as an informative descriptive text.
- An objective writing style that is free from marketing puffery.
- Information pages about each of our regions, including activities and maps.
- The book is printed on high quality paper, making it a delightful souvenir of your travels.
- Each accommodation venue is personally evaluated and recommended by the authors.
- Friars Guide was awarded Finalist in the 1999 and the 2000 tourism awards by New Zealand Tourism.
- Bonus DVD by NZVT Films: buy the latest edition of Friars Guide with a DVD and bonus Maori Concert Music CD for a complete taster of what your New Zealand holiday could be like. This No. 1 Best Selling Tourism DVD includes scenic attractions, action and adventure activities, Maori Culture and natural wonders covering the length and breadth of New Zealand. The DVD is guaranteed to play in all countries and the commentary is in 8 languages - English, Japanese, German, Spanish, Korean, French, Italian and Mandarin.
where to buy Friars Guide
The Guide is available direct from Friars Guide or from all major bookshops throughout New Zealand and from selected bookshops around the world, including:
New ZealandAvailable from all major bookshops throughout New Zealand.
AustraliaHachette Livre Australia
Level 17, 207 Kent St
Attn: Leanne Corfield
Phone: (02) 8248 0800
Fax: (02) 82480810
Email: email@example.com And available by mail order from Dymocks throughout Australia
EnglandKiwi Fruits, The New Zealand Shop,
6-7 Royal Opera Arcade, London SWIY FUY, England.
Attn: Belinda Kitchin
Phone: 0171-930 4587
Fax: 0171-839 0592
Website: kiwifruitsnzshop.com And available from all good British bookshops throughout the UK
Website: Buy on line Pacific Island Books
2802 E. 132nd Circle, Thornton, CO 80241, USA
Attn: Kathy Ryan
Phone: 303-920-8338, or toll free within the US: 1-888-49-BOOKS
example from the book
We have made a PDF example (200Kb.) available showing you a page from the 2005 Friars Guides. Images for this example are low resolution to reduce the size of the page.